John H. Barrett
John H. Barrett has practiced law in Boulder since 1975, emphasizing divorce, family law, personal injury, civil litigation and business formation. He is admitted to practice in Colorado and the U.S. federal courts.
He is a former Associate Judge for the City of Louisville. Mr. Barrett is also a member of the Boulder County Bar Association and has served as chair of the Family Law Committee. He maintains membership in several legal and community-oriented organizations.
Mr. Barrett obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of California at Davis School of Law in 1974. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree, which he earned cum laude, from California State University at Long Beach, California.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
- Business Formation
- Real Estate
- Colorado, 1975
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1975
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- Juris Doctor - 1974
- California State University, Long Beach, California
- Bachelor of Arts (Cum Laude) - 1971
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association, Former Chair, Family Law Committee
- Boulder County Bar Association, Former Chair, Small Firms Committee
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Metropolitan Lawyers Referral Service, Board of Directors, 1995 - Present
- Metropolitan Lawyers Referral Service, President, 2006 - 2007
- Boulder Interdisciplinary Committee on Child Custody